When you live in Virginia, you can enjoy the laidback hospitality of the south, combined with a mild climate and an array of outdoor activities.
This is the perfect tiny house location for the nature lover and outdoor enthusiast, and a variety of established communities help beginners ease into this off-grid lifestyle.
The cost of tiny houses in Virginia
In Virginia, tiny houses generally cost between $15,000 and $115,000.
Tiny house builders such as Build Tiny and Tiny House Building Company charge $35,000+, whereas building a tiny house yourself in Virginia will cost between $15,000 and $30,000.
Tiny house builders in the state of Virginia
Bayside Tiny Homes
Bayside tiny homes are designed for foundational builds. You can choose your favorite design from their catalog or work together to create your own custom-build; all standard models can be modified, and the knowledgeable team has more than 30 years of experience to draw from.
Bayside Tiny Homes prides itself on various tailor-made options such as custom trims and cabinets, interior woodwork variation, and exposed beams.
Price Range: $15,000 – $115,000
Tiny House Building Company
The possibilities are endless with the Tiny House Building Company, which offers custom doors and windows, loft additions, cabinetry, roofing, flooring, and built-in storage solutions.
This company believes in collaborating, building, and working closely with its clients to create the home of your dreams. Take your drawings to their experienced team and watch them bring your vision to life.
Price Range: $35,000 – $85,000
Based in Berryville, Build Tiny brings over 35 of construction experience to help you create your dream tiny home. Here, the team can either build the house for you or teach you the skills you need to do it yourself.
This female-owned company offers design, training, and construction services to suit the needs of all tiny home enthusiasts – even beginners. Their mission is to provide you with the knowledge and confidence to construct the home of your dreams.
Price Range: $35,000 – $85,000
Does Virginia have tiny house communities?
Surfside at Sandbridge is a fantastic spot to experience short-term tiny house stays and connect with like-minded individuals.
The Autumn Sun Community is a gathering of like-minded individuals seeking to build trust and become a self-sufficient “family” within five acres of land.
Reasons why you’ll love living here include:
- The community includes a large shared house with a 6,000-foot warehouse, multiple studios, and a geodesic dome.
- The area is designed with green techniques, including community gardens and permaculture principles.
- The group promotes art, music, and outdoor living through gardening, workshops, and an outdoor fire ring where members can freely gather and express themselves creatively.
Which Virginia cities are the most tiny house friendly?
Berryville, Ashland, Virginia Beach, Richmond, Arlington, and Norfolk.
What are the best tiny house trailer services in Virginia?
Kaufman Trailers offer standard and custom trailers to meet the needs of all tiny homeowners, with a price of $3,400+
Tiny House Building Company offers spec-built trailers for tiny homes that they can customize to meet the needs of each client, with a price of $3,000+
Discover tiny house costs in the other U.S. states:
- How much does it cost to build a tiny house in Alabama?
- How much does it cost to build a tiny house in Arizona?
- How much does it cost to build a tiny house in Arkansas?
- How much does it cost to build a tiny house in Georgia?
- How much does it cost to build a tiny house in Maine?
- How much does it cost to build a tiny house in North Carolina?
- How much does it cost to build a tiny house in Ohio?
- How much does it cost to build a tiny house in Oregon?
- How much does it cost to build a tiny house in South Carolina?
- How much does it cost to build a tiny house in Washington?
- How much does it cost to build a tiny house in Wisconsin?