If you’re just starting on your tiny home journey, Maine is a great place to start.
This location offers remote living for those looking to escape city life.
It’s easy to adopt off-grid living in The Pine Tree State, and several companies in the area can help make your dreams a reality.
If you’re looking to try out a tiny house in Maine for a vacation, we’ve also made a list of the best Airbnb tiny houses in Maine.
The cost of tiny houses in Maine
In Maine, tiny houses generally cost between $30,000 and $130,000.
Tiny house builders such as Backcountry Tiny Homes and Tiny Homes of Maine charge $40,000 – $120,000, whereas building a tiny house yourself in Maine will cost between $30,000 and $45,000.
Tiny house builders in the state of Maine
Tiny Homes of Maine
Tiny Homes of Maine offers various floor plans with custom options carefully designed to withstand cold winter temperatures.
Company founder, Corinne Watson, is no stranger to house building, having drawn floor plans for as long as she can remember. With a background in design and architecture, Corinne decided to turn her skills into a purposeful business, and alongside a highly skilled design engineer, this company now offers a range of high-quality tiny homes.
Price Range: $30,000 – $120,000
Backcountry Tiny Homes
This female-owned company located in New Hampshire specializes in a range of tiny home on wheels designs, with every home built to order. They understand the logistics of building a tiny house as they’re tiny homeowners themselves, so if you have questions, they have answers.
They offer multiple services such as tiny offices and workspaces, tiny house shells, furniture, trailers, and off-grid energy resources.
Price Range: $42,000 – $89,000
Tiny House Northeast
Another company located in New Hampshire (about 50 miles from Portland) is Tiny House Northeast. Here, you’ll find a number of different products and services to help you bring your vision of tiny house living to life.
This family-run business constructs a range of shells and interiors for efficient living, which are specially tailored to stand up against the cold winter temperatures of Maine.
Price Range: $35,000 – $70,000
Does Maine have tiny house communities?
Skyline Ridge is a fantastic spot to experience a short-term tiny house stay and connect with like-minded individuals.
Blue Hill is an eco-community with access to 133-acre of farm property.
Reasons why you’ll love living here include:
- The village lives with the core values of learning and living in the right relationship with the earth.
- You can experience a sense of true community spirit with regular events and meetings.
- It’s located 45 minutes from Acadia National Park and has stunning panoramic views over the glistening blue sea waters.
Which Maine cities are the most tiny house friendly?
Portland, Augusta, Hampden, and Bangor.
What are the best tiny house trailer services in Maine?
Maine Trailer offers professional-grade trailers for rent and purchase, with a price of $3,000 to $15,000
Coldbrook Trailers new and used trailers for tiny homes plus individual pieces of equipment to meet the needs of each client, with a price of $2,000 – $10,000
Discover tiny house costs in the other U.S. states:
- How much does it cost to build a tiny house in Alabama?
- How much does it cost to build a tiny house in Arizona?
- How much does it cost to build a tiny house in Arkansas?
- How much does it cost to build a tiny house in Georgia?
- How much does it cost to build a tiny house in North Carolina?
- How much does it cost to build a tiny house in Ohio?
- How much does it cost to build a tiny house in Oregon?
- How much does it cost to build a tiny house in South Carolina?
- How much does it cost to build a tiny house in Virginia?
- How much does it cost to build a tiny house in Washington?
- How much does it cost to build a tiny house in Wisconsin?